Saturday 9 June 2012

Three Weeks, Two Days: See For Yourself

After beating you to near death with my grief, I realised I had Calista encapsulated in her own words and her own images. I am so proud of her blog; not just for the images, but for the short little quips she added in near each photo. Just look for yourself:

http://fluxandflowphotography.tumblr.com/

and if you want to see Calista in full "goofing around mode" here is some pictures from Jesse (you might have to search her blog for them.)

http://jesscavanaghphotography.blogspot.ca/2012/05/of-love-and-loss.html

Just look at Calista with her friends.  Now that is a girl who knew how to live.

I got my first tattoo in twenty years today.  I forgot that they hurt a fair bit or I am less tolerant of pain than I used to be.  I got "the golden snitch" from Harry Potter on my right chest.  Calista had a golden snitch on her fore-arm.  It felt like the right thing to do: an homage to my lost girl.  Roni went all the way though: she had a full fore-arm tattoo of a blue hare-rabbit with the slogan "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live".  The blue hare is, again, a reference to Harry Potter; I guess it was the "patronus" (guardian angel) of my daughter's favourite character "Luna Lovegood". Calista had a thought that she wanted a tattoo like that, but obviously that is not going to happen. Roni stood up for her and got the tattoo in her place.  It is interesting that "Luna" was Calista's favourite character; she was an independent girl who was out of step with the rest of her classmates, was proud to be so, and freely spoke her mind. Sounds like someone I know.

Miss you kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment